Are you looking for the next step in your career in a growing logistics company?
For the expansion of our Freight Forwarding activities within our own Ro-Ro and rail network as well as rail freight operations linking to the deep sea business, we are looking for a candidate who can operate and expand our current rail and roro network. You will be part of a small but growing team in the center of the Port of Rotterdam.
Within our highly competitive and dynamic international sector you will actively develop existing and new services. This in close collaboration with your colleagues within the Freight Forwarding team, the commercial team and the other Business units.
Within this role, you will get a lot of freedom and support to work on the development of our services. You will have a large scope of responsibilities covering the following tasks:
- Offer and manage transport orders from end to end within the agreements made;
- Actively contact internal and external suppliers about tariff agreements and possibilities;
- Be aware of the market developments and new services offered;
- Manage the costs of the planned transports and continuously optimize the execution;
- Cost monitoring and analysis;
- Work according to internal guidelines on legal and procedures;
- Assist in preparation of reports or business cases for management;
- Ad hoc projects.
- Preferably, you have a degree in Logistics or business economics or related;
- You have a relevant experience with rail operations of minimum 5 years;
- You are highly motivated, pragmatic and result oriented;
- You can work autonomously and like to take initiatives;
- You have creative and operational skills with the ability to design practical solutions for our clients;
- You like to work closely with partners and have a natural ability to communicate broadly;
- You are fluent in at least English; any other language is a bonus;
- You have well developed IT skills (TMS, CRM, MS Office);
- You are willing to travel to our other offices or clients in case required.
What we offer
- A stimulating working environment with positive and committed co-workers;
- A can-do attitude-working environment and quick decision-making;
- An excellent trajectory for personal development;
- A competitive salary with benifits
- A workplace in our Rotterdam office with occasional option to work from home.
Are you interested in learning more about this position or do you want to apply?
Do not hesitate to send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com