Group logistics procurement officer (m/v)
CLdN CARGO is one of Europe’s leading door-to-door logistics providers. We are an asset-based operator, split into three business units: Containers, Trailers and Forwarding. We offer total freight management solutions and complete services for all our customers' shipping and forwarding requirements. With an international team of almost 200 people, we focus on sustainable partnerships and provide tailor-made and innovative solutions in transport everywhere we g(r)o(w).
Are you looking for the next step in your career in a growing logistics company?
In order to ensure and optimize the service towards our clients and our company growth, we are looking for a candidate who can locate and maintain the best source of supply in international road transport and will have an advisory and coordinating role within CLdN Cargo.
Within our highly competitive and dynamic international road transport sector, you will, in close collaboration with the Head of Logistics procurement and the management of the Business units, actively develop, implement and monitor the purchasing strategy.
Within this role, the candidate should consider all aspects of the relationship with the supplier including quality, sustainability, financial and legal requirements and the ability to respond quickly to changing requirements.
You will have a large scope of responsibilities and be actively implicated in the following tasks:
- Internal control on business processes.
- Cost monitoring and analysis.
- Influence budget holders and work with colleagues across the business units.
- Follow up and update agreements with current and new partners.
- Elaboration of guidelines for logistic partners and business units.
- Preparation of reports for management and business units.
- Ensure to respect market regulations (Mobility package, Green deal, …).
- Ad hoc projects.
- You hold a Bachelor Degree.
- You have a relevant experience of 3-5 years.
- You are highly motivated, pragmatic and result oriented.
- You can work autonomously and like to take initiatives.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to formulate and understand business issues and problems.
- You like to work closely with operations and have a natural ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch.
- You have well developed IT skills (Excel, …).
- You are willing to travel to our offices in Zeebrugge and Rotterdam and occasionally in Europe
What we offer
- A stimulating working environment with positive and committed co-workers.
- A can-do attitude working environment and quick decision making.
- An excellent trajectory for personal development.
- A workplace in our Wilrijk office with occasional option to work from home.
Are you interested in learning more about this position or do you want to apply? Do not hesitate to send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com